The first list, below, is of resources for those taking care of or assisting elderly parents, those who may well soon be taking care of or assisting elderly parents and those people that are being assisted by care givers. These are not just resources, they are support systems.
The second list are fact sheets from the NH Commission On Aging.
The third list is a list places that offer discounts to seniors.
“You are not alone” is oh so true when it comes to care giving. Thousands and thousands of families are in the midst of the growing dilema of just how to deal with an aging population with fewer and fewer monetary and service resources. The list below is in no way complete but the sites listed can help enormously.
This article by Jonathon Rauch in The Atlantic Letting Go of My Father is certainly well worth reading no matter what stage of the care giving process you may be in. It is inspiring but very reality based.
- Rockingham County Service Link
- Interim HealthCare
- Home Instead
- The Family Caregiver Alliance
- The National Alliance for Caregiving
- Strength For Caring
- Administration on Aging
- Family Caregiving 101
- Lots Of Helping Hands
A wonderful resource, and search system, for books, videos, articles, magazines websites and services is the National Alliance for Caregiving Resource Clearing House.
NH Commission On Aging Fact Sheets
- *****Winter 2012 Senior Compilation with index**** A list of resources
- SCOA HB 1560 Statement
- Social Security Medicare Fact Sheet
- Social Security Fact Sheet
- Social Security Veterans Fact Sheet
- SS Fact Sheet No.01_Social Security Across Generations
- Hoarding Flyer
Here are few websites that list discounts nationwide and some that are lists of lists.
- Frugal Living
- Senior Discounts. Beware some of the places listed may require membership…read carefully
- Get a $10 Lifetime Senior Pass to U.S. National Parks
- Wake Up Healthy
- Gift Card Granny!
Remember, if you do not get offered a discount ask for one.